Welcome to sixth stop of Brigid Huey's blog tour for debut release titled A Chance Encounter in Pemberley Woods. We are nearly through the halfway mark of this fabulous virtual tour. Today Brigid has prepared an impressive character interview with someone close with the main leads in her novella. Let's take a look at the secrets she may or may not spill. And don't forget to enter the giveaway to win a free e-book of this Pride and Prejudice variation at the bottom of this post.
Hello Georgiana! It is such a pleasure to see you. I understand you have a new addition to your household. How has Pemberley changed now that there is a baby in the house?
It is lovely to see you as well. Pemberley is the best place in the world, yet it has been made all the better by Daisy's arrival. I have never seen a place so transformed, and in such little time. Our childhood things have been brought down from the attics, and the staff has fallen into the task of providing for a baby with such efficiency! I am grateful for their solicitous nature.
Does Mrs. Reynolds seem happy about the situation?
Indeed, she does! Dear Mrs. Reynolds — she has been such a comfort to me since my own mother died. I was but a child, you know, when Lady Anne passed away.
We were all sorry for that, my dear. Do you think this baby has brought a new lightness to the house?
Oh! It has been wonderful having her here. I delight in caring for her. Her nursery maid Clarabelle is kindness itself, and cares for Daisy with such love and kindness. She has six younger siblings herself. Can you imagine? Six children all growing up together. It sounds wonderful. Clarabelle is instructing me in the proper way to care for such a young child, which Mrs. Annesley deems proper.
And how does your brother Mr. Darcy view this new resident of Pemberley?
I believe he loves Daisy as much as I do, for he dotes on her quite freely. He is often with her in the evenings. The poor child is troubled by colic, and he has a way with her. Indeed, he is able to calm her as though he had been around babies all his life! It is quite remarkable.
Has your brother been at home much lately?
No, sadly he has been away for a few weeks now. He had some... some business to attend to in London I believe.
Business? And might that business have something to do with Elizabeth Bennet?
I do not know what you mean.
Of course not, my friend. I only wish to hint that your brother might have formed an attachment to Miss Bennet.
Oh! I do wish that were true! My brother does not share his feelings freely, you know. However, I must say that I suspect that he is partial to the lady. I do hope she returns his affections. I have become good friends with her, and should love to have a sister.
What do you make of Elizabeth Bennet?
I believe she is one of the best women I have known. Indeed, she is the most pleasing companion of my acquaintance. I am terribly shy, as you know, and she has saved me from mortification on more than one occasion. Her lightness of spirit is good for my brother, I believe. He seems happier when she is near. Surely, that must be a good thing!
Should we be expecting a happy announcement?
I cannot say, as well you know! I would never dream of implying anything about my brother and Miss Elizabeth, except to say that they are both dear to me.
Do not fear, I shall say nothing more about it! What are your plans, my dear, with regards to the near future?
I shall stay here at Pemberley with Daisy. She fills my days with amusement and purpose in a way that I have not known. I do hope to do some travelling in the near future. That, however, will depend upon my brother and his plans, for I have no wish to travel without him.
Well I wish you the best, my dear. Rest assured I shall not breathe a word of any of this to the wrong people!
A baby alone in the woods
And a second chance at love
Fitzwilliam Darcy returns to his beloved Pemberley with one thing on his mind — to forget Elizabeth Bennet. Riding ahead of his party and racing a storm, he happens upon the very woman he wants to avoid. To his astonishment, she is holding a baby whose name and parentage are unknown.
Elizabeth Bennet never dreamed she had wandered into Pemberley's woods on her afternoon walk. But when she finds an infant alone in the storm, she turns to the last man in the world she wants to see — and the only one who can help them both.
As the mystery of the baby's identity intensifies, Elizabeth finds Mr. Darcy to be quite the reverse of what she expected. But when the child's family is discovered, will the truth bring them together or tear them apart?
Brigid's publisher, Meryton Press, is donating eight e-books of A Chance Encounter in Pemberley Woods to encourage readers' participation. All you need to do is to fill up the Rafflecopter form by the end of the tour to be picked as one of the winners.
Character Interview
Hello, dear readers. I had the pleasure of meeting with the kind and welcoming Georgiana Darcy today. As a good friend, she was willing to share with me a few tidbits of information not found in the society papers! She did ask that I keep this information in confidence. I know she would not mind me telling you, as you are such fond and loyal readers of Mr. Darcy and Miss Elizabeth Bennet.Hello Georgiana! It is such a pleasure to see you. I understand you have a new addition to your household. How has Pemberley changed now that there is a baby in the house?
It is lovely to see you as well. Pemberley is the best place in the world, yet it has been made all the better by Daisy's arrival. I have never seen a place so transformed, and in such little time. Our childhood things have been brought down from the attics, and the staff has fallen into the task of providing for a baby with such efficiency! I am grateful for their solicitous nature.
Does Mrs. Reynolds seem happy about the situation?
Indeed, she does! Dear Mrs. Reynolds — she has been such a comfort to me since my own mother died. I was but a child, you know, when Lady Anne passed away.
We were all sorry for that, my dear. Do you think this baby has brought a new lightness to the house?
Oh! It has been wonderful having her here. I delight in caring for her. Her nursery maid Clarabelle is kindness itself, and cares for Daisy with such love and kindness. She has six younger siblings herself. Can you imagine? Six children all growing up together. It sounds wonderful. Clarabelle is instructing me in the proper way to care for such a young child, which Mrs. Annesley deems proper.
And how does your brother Mr. Darcy view this new resident of Pemberley?
I believe he loves Daisy as much as I do, for he dotes on her quite freely. He is often with her in the evenings. The poor child is troubled by colic, and he has a way with her. Indeed, he is able to calm her as though he had been around babies all his life! It is quite remarkable.
Has your brother been at home much lately?
No, sadly he has been away for a few weeks now. He had some... some business to attend to in London I believe.
Business? And might that business have something to do with Elizabeth Bennet?
I do not know what you mean.
Of course not, my friend. I only wish to hint that your brother might have formed an attachment to Miss Bennet.
Oh! I do wish that were true! My brother does not share his feelings freely, you know. However, I must say that I suspect that he is partial to the lady. I do hope she returns his affections. I have become good friends with her, and should love to have a sister.
What do you make of Elizabeth Bennet?
I believe she is one of the best women I have known. Indeed, she is the most pleasing companion of my acquaintance. I am terribly shy, as you know, and she has saved me from mortification on more than one occasion. Her lightness of spirit is good for my brother, I believe. He seems happier when she is near. Surely, that must be a good thing!
Should we be expecting a happy announcement?
I cannot say, as well you know! I would never dream of implying anything about my brother and Miss Elizabeth, except to say that they are both dear to me.
Do not fear, I shall say nothing more about it! What are your plans, my dear, with regards to the near future?
I shall stay here at Pemberley with Daisy. She fills my days with amusement and purpose in a way that I have not known. I do hope to do some travelling in the near future. That, however, will depend upon my brother and his plans, for I have no wish to travel without him.
Well I wish you the best, my dear. Rest assured I shall not breathe a word of any of this to the wrong people!
Book Blurb
A surprise meetingA baby alone in the woods
And a second chance at love
Fitzwilliam Darcy returns to his beloved Pemberley with one thing on his mind — to forget Elizabeth Bennet. Riding ahead of his party and racing a storm, he happens upon the very woman he wants to avoid. To his astonishment, she is holding a baby whose name and parentage are unknown.
Elizabeth Bennet never dreamed she had wandered into Pemberley's woods on her afternoon walk. But when she finds an infant alone in the storm, she turns to the last man in the world she wants to see — and the only one who can help them both.
As the mystery of the baby's identity intensifies, Elizabeth finds Mr. Darcy to be quite the reverse of what she expected. But when the child's family is discovered, will the truth bring them together or tear them apart?
Author Bio
Brigid has been in love with Jane Austen since first seeing the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice as a young girl. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two kids, and spends her free time reading and writing. This is her first Pride and Prejudice variation, though many others live in her imagination.
Giveaway
Many thanks to Brigid for penning this enchanting character interview with the lovely Miss Georgiana Darcy. It was wonderful to get to know Mr Darcy through the eyes of a devoted sister. From my observation, he will be a great father to his own children if he were to marry Miss Elizabeth Bennet. A heartfelt gratitude to Janet Taylor for your kind invitation to participate in this blog tour.Brigid's publisher, Meryton Press, is donating eight e-books of A Chance Encounter in Pemberley Woods to encourage readers' participation. All you need to do is to fill up the Rafflecopter form by the end of the tour to be picked as one of the winners.




What a great interview with Georgiana. She is such a lovely young woman. Thanks for hosting her and this portion of the blog tour, Sylvia. A special thanks to you, Brigid, for getting this young woman to share this tidbits. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Janet. It wasn't easy!
DeleteYou are most welcome, Janet. I'm delighted to be part of this tour. And Brigid did a great job too.
DeleteSurprises me that there doesn't seem to have been any young girls the same age as Georgiana for her to befriend when she was growing up. All her hopes now seem to be on Elizabeth and Daisy
ReplyDeletePoor Georgiana. She really is in need of a good friend that she can trust.
DeleteI so enjoyed meeting Miss Georgiana Darcy. She is a delight.
ReplyDeleteGeorgiana is one of my favorites. She is so pure of heart!
DeleteEnjoyed the interview. Love how Daisy has become such a part of their lives already.
ReplyDeleteLovely interview, ladies. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the interview with Georgiana. Eager to know how this baby enticed all the people around her and how she affects EB & FD's relationship
ReplyDeleteGreat interview. I’m curious who the parents are... looking forward to reading it.
ReplyDelete