Have you heard of a new publication of Pride and Prejudice sequel which solely focus on Caroline Bingley, the bitchy sister of Mr Charles Bingley? Yes, I am talking about Caroline, the first book in Sue Barr's Pride & Prejudice continued... series. You may have noticed that the premise of the story is similar to The Other Mr. Darcy by Monica Fairview but there are some differences. Why not read the excerpt below and find out? You can also participate in the blog tour's giveaway to win a copy of Caroline.
Good morning, , and thank you for inviting me to share this excerpt post for my latest release, Caroline, Pride & Prejudice continued... Book One. I am here today to share a delicious scene between Nathan and Caroline, as they both are becoming aware that there is a certain attraction growing between both of them. I hope your readers enjoy this excerpt and look forward to reading my book!
"What kind of question is that?"
For a brief moment her footsteps stalled and then she hurried her pace. Nathan touched her forearm lightly, forestalling her retreat.
"Forgive me if I have given offense. What I mean is... did you view him as a means for a comfortable life, given his vast estate and fortune, or did you ever view him as a man, with wants, fears and desires?"
"What a preposterous notion. Of course I thought of him as a man —"
"Very well then, what's his favourite colour?"
"Favourite colour?" She blustered and once again attempted to move away. "How would I know that? If we had married, which you have assured me was my plan, we would have come to know each other's likes and dislikes after the wedding."
"That's interesting. Miss Bennet has asked for dove grey to be part of the wedding decorations as that is Mr. Darcy's favourite colour."
"Oh."
"What is his favourite dish?"
Caroline whirled around and stomped toward the house. Nathan kept pace, waiting for an answer. As they reached the front entrance he placed a firm hand on her elbow and stopped her from entering the house. Anger blazed from her startling green eyes, her full lips pursed into a thin line.
"His favourite dish," he pressed. "Come now, Miss Bingley. You've known him for several years. Surely you must know by now what foods he likes or dislikes."
"I don't know and I don't care!" She pulled her arm from his grasp and stormed past Grieves, who'd silently opened the door. "I just went to look at a horse." He watched as she ascended the grand staircase, a flurry of torn silk and agitation.
"Good afternoon, Grieves."
The butler gave him a slight bob of the head, his eyes betraying a minutia of merriment.
"Mr. Darcy is down at the stables. Shall I send a footman to inform him you are here, Lord Nathan?"
"No thank you, I've already been. Can you ask Mrs. Reynolds to have Miss Bingley's maid attend her? She was exceedingly upset when she fell and tore her dress. And, can you give this list to Miss Darcy. She wanted to know which tenants were in need this month, there's a copy for Mr. Darcy as well."
"Yes, sir. I shall attend to that at once."
He gave the butler a polite nod and turned back toward the stables. Caroline may have been returned to safety, but his heart was in great danger of being ensnared by the spoiled red haired beauty, and that wouldn't do. Wouldn't do at all.
Caroline Bingley, beyond frustrated with her brother, Charles and Mr. Darcy both proposing to the Bennet sisters, dreads their upcoming nuptials. For three years her sole focus has been on attaining a marriage proposal from one Fitzwilliam Darcy of Pemberley, only to be foiled by a country miss with 'fine eyes'. Adrift and not sure of her place in life, she meets the mysterious and devastatingly handsome Lord Nathan, who equally vexes and intrigues her.
Lord Nathan Kerr, third in line to a Dukedom, had a well-earned reputation as a Rake. He cast all that and his noble title aside to become Mr. Darcy's vicar in Kympton, finding contentment in leading his small flock and doing the Lord's work. His plan for a quiet, country life is thrown into upheaval when he meets the fiery Miss Bingley. Can he reconcile his rising desire for the spoiled miss with how a vicar's wife 'should' behave?
Sue is a member of Romance Writers of America and their affiliate chapter, Love, Hope and Faith as well as American Christian Fiction Writers.
Good morning, , and thank you for inviting me to share this excerpt post for my latest release, Caroline, Pride & Prejudice continued... Book One. I am here today to share a delicious scene between Nathan and Caroline, as they both are becoming aware that there is a certain attraction growing between both of them. I hope your readers enjoy this excerpt and look forward to reading my book!
Excerpt
In silence they walked up the cobblestone path toward the house. When they reached the front garden, Nathan asked, "Miss Bingley, have you ever looked at Mr. Darcy as a man?""What kind of question is that?"
For a brief moment her footsteps stalled and then she hurried her pace. Nathan touched her forearm lightly, forestalling her retreat.
"Forgive me if I have given offense. What I mean is... did you view him as a means for a comfortable life, given his vast estate and fortune, or did you ever view him as a man, with wants, fears and desires?"
"What a preposterous notion. Of course I thought of him as a man —"
"Very well then, what's his favourite colour?"
"Favourite colour?" She blustered and once again attempted to move away. "How would I know that? If we had married, which you have assured me was my plan, we would have come to know each other's likes and dislikes after the wedding."
"That's interesting. Miss Bennet has asked for dove grey to be part of the wedding decorations as that is Mr. Darcy's favourite colour."
"Oh."
"What is his favourite dish?"
Caroline whirled around and stomped toward the house. Nathan kept pace, waiting for an answer. As they reached the front entrance he placed a firm hand on her elbow and stopped her from entering the house. Anger blazed from her startling green eyes, her full lips pursed into a thin line.
"His favourite dish," he pressed. "Come now, Miss Bingley. You've known him for several years. Surely you must know by now what foods he likes or dislikes."
"I don't know and I don't care!" She pulled her arm from his grasp and stormed past Grieves, who'd silently opened the door. "I just went to look at a horse." He watched as she ascended the grand staircase, a flurry of torn silk and agitation.
"Good afternoon, Grieves."
The butler gave him a slight bob of the head, his eyes betraying a minutia of merriment.
"Mr. Darcy is down at the stables. Shall I send a footman to inform him you are here, Lord Nathan?"
"No thank you, I've already been. Can you ask Mrs. Reynolds to have Miss Bingley's maid attend her? She was exceedingly upset when she fell and tore her dress. And, can you give this list to Miss Darcy. She wanted to know which tenants were in need this month, there's a copy for Mr. Darcy as well."
"Yes, sir. I shall attend to that at once."
He gave the butler a polite nod and turned back toward the stables. Caroline may have been returned to safety, but his heart was in great danger of being ensnared by the spoiled red haired beauty, and that wouldn't do. Wouldn't do at all.
Book Blurb
Whatever happened to Caroline Bingley after her brother and unrequited love interest married a Bennet sister? Join me in this story of redemptive love and the healing of broken dreams.Caroline Bingley, beyond frustrated with her brother, Charles and Mr. Darcy both proposing to the Bennet sisters, dreads their upcoming nuptials. For three years her sole focus has been on attaining a marriage proposal from one Fitzwilliam Darcy of Pemberley, only to be foiled by a country miss with 'fine eyes'. Adrift and not sure of her place in life, she meets the mysterious and devastatingly handsome Lord Nathan, who equally vexes and intrigues her.
Lord Nathan Kerr, third in line to a Dukedom, had a well-earned reputation as a Rake. He cast all that and his noble title aside to become Mr. Darcy's vicar in Kympton, finding contentment in leading his small flock and doing the Lord's work. His plan for a quiet, country life is thrown into upheaval when he meets the fiery Miss Bingley. Can he reconcile his rising desire for the spoiled miss with how a vicar's wife 'should' behave?
Author Bio
Sue Barr resides in beautiful Southwestern Ontario with her retired Air Force hubby, two sons and their families. She's also an indentured servant to three cats and has been known to rescue a kitten or two, or three... in an attempt to keep her 'cat-lady-in-training' status current. Although, she has deviated from appointed path and rescued a few dogs as well.Sue is a member of Romance Writers of America and their affiliate chapter, Love, Hope and Faith as well as American Christian Fiction Writers.
Giveaway
Three winners will receive a paperback copy of Caroline and a Jane Austen Journal and three separate winners will receive an e-book copy of this book. All giveaways are open to international winners.




As I suspected Caroline was not interested in Darcy as a man
ReplyDeleteVery insightful and a good way to help her move on. Aha...so Lord Nathan likes a fiery red-head. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the excerpt!
Thank you for hosting this excerpt! I fell in love with Lord Nathan a bit myself. Well, maybe more than a little bit!
ReplyDeleteI hope your readers enjoy this post too.
As I suspected, Lord Nathan is going to turn into a swoon-worthy hero, especially if he can persuade Caroline to actually like herself. Then she might even begin to like other people for themselves and not what they represent.
ReplyDeleteLove the excerpt. I always like when Caroline gets her feathers ruffled!
ReplyDeleteWonderful excerpt. Looking forward to reading!
ReplyDelete