Book Review and Ramblings on The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader — The Movie Storybook
Rating: ★★★★★/★★★★★
This will only be a short review in anticipation of the film release of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader next week. I picked this book to read during my lunch break. I can say that the book contains more pictures of the movie than the story itself. Moreover, I am ashamed to say that I have not read the original children's story yet. My copy of The Chronicles of Narnia has been lying in my bookshelf for some years and I hope to rectify this soon.
Back to my review. This book focus on the novelisation of the movie screenplay which in turn is based on the third story written by C. S. Lewis in his seven-part story of The Chronicles of Narnia. However it is now chronologically re-arranged as the fifth story. As I have watched the two movies based on C. S. Lewis's books, I am very much looking forward to watching the third instalment of Narnia. In order to prepare myself for the movie, I decided to read and look at the pictures depicting the scenes that will appear in it. The movie storybook is filled with lush and beautiful pictures and really draws my attention to complete it in one sitting. I am also drawn to the simple storyline and cannot wait to see how the movie unfold before my eyes.
I will not mention the plot here for fear of spoiling you. Go and watch the movie when it comes out in cinemas or cineplexes. Or better still read this book to prepare yourself and know how the story will develop in this third Narnia movie. Of course there will be some noticeable difference from the original story such as the appearance of the White Witch. I shall go no further than that which was mentioned. Suffice to say, we shall see Lucy, Edmund, Caspian, Eustace, Aslan and Reepicheep in the movie if you have watched the trailer.
Although it is classified as children's book, any Narnia fans can read and enjoy this book like I do.
This will only be a short review in anticipation of the film release of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader next week. I picked this book to read during my lunch break. I can say that the book contains more pictures of the movie than the story itself. Moreover, I am ashamed to say that I have not read the original children's story yet. My copy of The Chronicles of Narnia has been lying in my bookshelf for some years and I hope to rectify this soon.
Back to my review. This book focus on the novelisation of the movie screenplay which in turn is based on the third story written by C. S. Lewis in his seven-part story of The Chronicles of Narnia. However it is now chronologically re-arranged as the fifth story. As I have watched the two movies based on C. S. Lewis's books, I am very much looking forward to watching the third instalment of Narnia. In order to prepare myself for the movie, I decided to read and look at the pictures depicting the scenes that will appear in it. The movie storybook is filled with lush and beautiful pictures and really draws my attention to complete it in one sitting. I am also drawn to the simple storyline and cannot wait to see how the movie unfold before my eyes.
I will not mention the plot here for fear of spoiling you. Go and watch the movie when it comes out in cinemas or cineplexes. Or better still read this book to prepare yourself and know how the story will develop in this third Narnia movie. Of course there will be some noticeable difference from the original story such as the appearance of the White Witch. I shall go no further than that which was mentioned. Suffice to say, we shall see Lucy, Edmund, Caspian, Eustace, Aslan and Reepicheep in the movie if you have watched the trailer.
Although it is classified as children's book, any Narnia fans can read and enjoy this book like I do.
I can't wait to see this movie as the book is actually my favorite out of the series :) Definitely dig it out and read it, you will love it!
ReplyDelete